Joint pain not only causes huge discomfort but is an indication to look out for injurious ailments. A joint pain can sometimes be because of a simple swelling in joints or because of something as painful as arthritis. Joint pain generally heals with time, but relentless joint pain at a young age is a harmful sign.
It can be caused due to the inflammation in areas given below-
When any of the above factors are associated with your joints, it might result in following diseases causing immense joint pain.
1) Osteoarthritis: It is a condition where the joint cartilage and the bone tissue near the cartilage are affected that causes joint pain.
2) Rheumatoid arthritis: It is an autoimmune disorder causing inflammation and swelling in the joints that leads to the acute pain. Persistent non-treated pain in the joints can cause permanent damage.
3) Gout: It can also lead to swelling in the joints causing pain.
Infection in the joint like septic arthritis or infection of the surrounding bone like osteomyelitis can cause a hurtful joint.
Impairment of the joint due to fracture or dislocation can cause severe pain followed by swelling. Also, conditions like knee pain, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder and ankle injuries are some arrays of tissue injuries that cause severe joint suffering.
The type of joint pain has to be diagnosed using tests like blood test, physical examination or X-rays. It is of two types:
1) Continuous joint pain that is considered as chronic and needs immediate attention.
2)Temporary joint pain that has developed because of an injury subsides in a particular time period.
According to the diagnosis joint pains can be treated with:
2) Medication: Painkillers and other treatments is a temporary avenue of easing the throbbing joint pain. Non-inflammatory types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, are often treated with pain-reducing medications or analgesics, physical activity, weight loss if the person is overweight, and self-management education.
3) Physical therapy or physiotherapy: Physiotherapy is not only considered affordable for the pocket but also promotes better health. Inflammation, injury in the joint or tissues and other joint disorders can be easily treated by using physical therapy treatment. We have several high skilled physiotherapists with over many years of experience in this challenging domain. Any joint pain can be rightly tackled with physiotherapy.
Treatment for arthritis aims to control pain, minimize joint damage, and improve or maintain function and quality of life. A wide range of medications available in the market and lifestyle strategies can help to achieve this and protect joints from further damage.